May 2, 2015
Our Day’s Events
VÄLKOMMEN – Welcome!
4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. New Sweden Heritage Center Tour and Heritage Displays
· Tour the Heritage Center with members of the Church Committee working on the restoration.
· Visit the 2st annual featured group of FAMILIES of our church: including families of ministers, music directors, and other church families who will share with you their roots as descendants from the Swedish church pioneers.
· Enjoy a continuation of last year’s displays and meet volunteers who are available to work with you on your family history in Sweden and here.
· Stroll through the silent auction and bid on treasures that come directly from Sweden and other special items.
· Visit with your friends and enjoy the countryside.
VARSÅGOD – Please Come to Dinner!
5:00 p.m. – 5:45 or 6:00 p.m.- Meal Served in the Parish Hall.
· Blessing by Pastor Hans Lillejord.
· Enjoy a delicious, traditional home-made Swedish meal of meatballs, mashed potatoes and gravy, seasoned greed beans, Swedish rye bread and butter and Swedish summer tårta along with coffee and tea. Enter your ticket with your name, address, phone number, and email to win a door prize: a very special made-made keepsake item from Småland, Sweden. Ticket sales end April 21st, or when all tickets are sold.
· Enjoy Swedish music recordings while you enjoy your meal, and take your time and enjoy your dessert and coffee!
MUSIK OCH SÅNG – Music and Singing!
6:00 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. – Program in the church
· Opening, Pastor Lillejord.
· Join in singing our National Anthem, Swedish National Anthem (music/words provided in Swedish and English.)
· Enjoy special songs shared by the New Sweden 6 Singers.
· Delight to the voices of a Swedish singing duo, Malcolm Nelson and Allison Tucker.
· Everyone sing-a-long with a medley of our favorite Swedish songs (handouts provided in English and Swedish.)
· Close with singing the Heritage Center theme song, FAITH OF OUR FATHERS.
· Don’t forget to pick up your silent auction treasures!
KOM TILLBAKS NäSTA ÅR – Come Back Next Year, ALWAYS the 1st Saturday in May !
New Sweden Heritage Center, 12809 New Sweden Church Road, Manor, Texas 78653 phone 512/281-0056